Lab Exhaust Fans
Howden American Fan Company’s SMB blower line is suited for laboratory fume
hood exhaust fans in universities and research facilities. The SMB is designed for
exhaust applications that require a quiet, efficient, complete package unit. Howden
customizes the fan with chemical-resistant coatings and fan materials that meet
application requirements associated with specific solvent byproducts, including 316
or 304 stainless steels, and carbon steel painted with a special coating.
• Fans are price-competitive
• Feature a quick lead time, normally 4 to 7 days
• SMB blowers are used to exhaust potentially hazardous fumes to ensure user
• Capacities up to 4,800 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
• Pressure selections up to 3 inches static pressure water gauge (SPWG)
• Available in both direct-drive and belt-drive options
• Welded steel construction for trouble-free service
Reduce scale-up time by gaining insight
into flow and mixing behavior.