The Clark-Reliance Corporation has announced two new lines of hy-
gienic sight flow indictors. The Jacoby-Tarbox Hy-Sight and Hy-Sight
Full View flow indicators are designed to shorten cleaning cycles while
maximizing the view of flow in sterile or hygienic processes. They
• A cleanable design that achieves controlled intrusion by following
ASME BPE requirements and surpasses CIP and SIP requirements.
• According to the company, the largest view of any slim, low-profile
sight indictor, including a 360-degree view of process conditions.
• Head materials of 316L stainless steel.
■ Clark-Reliance; www.clark-reliance.com
Glove Box Controls For Relative Humidity or
The NEW Nitrogen Purge Series of Glove Boxes from Flow Sciences allow
for purging relative humidity or oxygen levels down to about two percent.
These enclosures are capable of protecting the process by nearly eliminating moisture or oxygen with the flow of inert gas. Safety of operator and
process is accomplished with HEPA filtration, a one way check valve and
the ability to connect to a house exhaust system. The design uses AGS
guidelines, with a 28” depth and comfortable 10” oval glove ports which
allow for minimized technician arm, wrist and shoulder fatigue while
maintaining a controlled environment. The Nitrogen Metering System
(FS1500) is designed to conserve nitrogen, with features that include:
• Trending graphs that display RH%, O2, and temperature.
• Two adjustable flow rates – one for high flow purge and the other for
maintaining low flow.
• The nitrogen-saving auto shut off activates when the set point of RH%
or O2 is reached.
• Audio and visual alarms trigger when outside the set point range.
■ Flow Sciences, Inc; www.FlowSciences.com
Induction Seals With Lower Peel Force
EdgePull™ induction seals from Tri-Seal, a division of Tekni-Plex, Inc., offer:
• Lower peel force to remove.
• The seals peel cleanly, which means no adhesive residue/strings to contaminate the contents after opening.
• The pull tab is designed with enhanced strength to resist delamination from the rest of the
structure when removed by consumers.
• The liners are typically used with closures ranging from 28 to 63 mm and for a wide range
of narrow and wide-mouthed containers that benefit from a tamper-evident device.
■ Tri-Seal, Inc.; www.tri-seal.com, www.tekni-plex.com