Oracle Packaging has developed a high-barrier pouchstock laminated tailored
to the specific challenges of OTC effervescent products.
• Suited for packaging coarse, often powdery effervescent tablets, the flexible
packaging solution provides protection against moisture and oxygen for a
variety of product formats, shapes, and sizes.
• A durable sealant layer used in the laminate provides hot tack and hermetic
seals at relatively low seal temperatures.
• Offering high levels of puncture resistance, machinability, and seal integrity,
the laminates are available in 10 colors in both printed and unprinted rolls.
Metal Detectable And X-Ray Inspectable
Seals And Gaskets
Industrial Magnetics now offers metal
detectable and X-Ray inspectable seal
and gasket options on their magnetic
separation equipment for gravity-fed and
pneumatic line conveying applications.
• The new seal and gasket options
protect against elastomeric
contamination in the processing line
and subsequent product recalls, downtime, and waste.
• The new offerings include the Detectomer line of Buna
seals and silicone gaskets, and Ensinger’s Hydex seals,
which all contain a select additive that can be spotted by
metal detectors, X-Ray systems, optical scanners, and
captured by magnetic separators.
• Available for IMI’s products with 1-in. and 3-in. OD
magnetic circuit configurations, the seals and gaskets are
certified food-grade compliant, meeting the FDA Code of
federal regulations for food safety.
PDC International Corp. has introduced the 65C-M Shrinksealer with Integrated
Material Accumulator. The 65C-M is based on an equipment platform developed by
PDC, now widely used and specified throughout the food and pharma sectors for the
application of heat shrinkable, tamper-evident neckbands.
The new system:
• Allows roll changes at full product speed — up to 175 cpm.
• Features an end-of-reel sensor that automatically clamps the tail at a splicing
table, which allows the rapid splice of the new reel while running at full speed.
• Is compatible with traditional and sustainable films.
Colored Tooling Storage Boxes
Natoli Engineering Company, Inc. now offers an exclusive
addition to their Tablet Compression Accessories
Catalog, red and black colored tooling storage boxes.
Like their standard cream storage boxes, the new
colored boxes are constructed of easy-to-clean, FDA
compliant materials. The new colors offer additional
benefits for companies looking to differentiate tooling.
• Easily identify clean and dirty tools.
• Distinguish different sizes of tooling.
• Keep tools for different products or presses separate.